Fields are configured within catalog and can hold miscellaneous information.
The following field types now exist:
- Text - some long text like description
- Short text - some title or caption
- Integer - a whole number, like count of something
- Float - real value, like most physical values.
- Amount - amount of chemical compound with units (L, mL, kg, g, mg, etc). Units can be configured at catalog level.
- Price - pricing information, which includes catalog number, amount (value and unit, similar to Amount type), and price with currency.
- Date - for example, an expiry date for a chemical
- Image - a photo, spectrum, or other graphical data
- File - some arbitrary file. For example, exprimental data for the compound.
Every field can be configured as a collection to handle multiple values. For example, price collection can hold data about several available packages with prices.